There are numerous old links to web conferencing on campus, but almost all of them are outdated, so here is an update.  Microsoft Lync, part of Microsoft Office 2013, should be available to everyone on campus.  While Lync may simply be used as chat software with your colleagues, Lync is also great for creating online presentations.  It also allows you to present and record without an audience which is handy if you wish to create a ‘how-to’ for example on your computer and then publish it to say YouTube or some other outlet.  NOTE: if you are not presenting to an audience and do not have a microphone enabled on your computer, the record option does not appear to be enabled.  So if you are wondering why the record option is greyed-out then that is possibly your issue.

Here is a great resource to get started so I will not repeat their material (but thank you Boston University for posting this):
http://www.bu.edu/tech/services/comm/conf/lync/about/screen-capture/

Below is a quick screen test using just a standard laptop with built-in microphone to record my voice.  The image shown on the screen is just a web page (of the link listed above).  Basically whatever is I see on my screen is being recorded, so if I had a PowerPoint presentation displayed then you would see that.  This video file (found in my Lync Recording Manager) was then uploaded to YouTube where a title and music was added and the beginning and end dead space in the video was removed.

Link to the video (if it is not displaying below)